In The Complete Mushroom Hunter: Revised, Gary Lincoff escorts you through the culinary history of the mushroom and on to preparing and serving the fungi.
Gathering edible wild food is a lovely way to forge a connection to the Earth. Mushrooms are the ultimate local food source; they grow literally everywhere, from mountains and woodlands to urban and suburban parks to your own backyard.
The Complete Mushroom Hunter, Revised will enrich your understanding of the natural world and build an appreciation for an ancient, critically relevant, and useful body of knowledge. Mushroom guru Gary Lincoff escorts you from the mushroom's earliest culinary awakening, through getting equipped for mushroom forays, to preparing and serving the fruits of the foray, wherever you live.
Inside you'll find:
- A brief, colorful history of mushroom hunting worldwide
- How to get equipped for a mushroom foray
- A completely illustrated guide to the common wild edible mushrooms and their poisonous look-alikes
- Where to find your fare, and how to identify them
- How to prepare and serve your fungi
- Thirty delicious recipes
All this, plus dozens of colorful, priceless anecdotes from living the mushroom lifestyle. The Complete Mushroom Hunter, Revised is truly the definitive guide to this exciting hobby!